Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small Farm Stand

Posted by jennybog zone 5 (My Page) on
Mon, May 17, 10 at 8:17

Hello, I would like to speak to anyone who has a small stand at the end of there driveway. I live about 1/4 mile from maine road at the dead end of a dirt road. I would like to set up a very small stand to sell extra veggies, Goats milk soap, eggs, eggs, and more eggs lol. also pies bisquits ,flowers plants ect.. Thankyou all Jenny Out of my Gourd Farms- Woolwich Maine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small Farm Stand

Hi Jenny,

I have one at the end of my driveway .. well haven't gotten it out there yet, but plan on it this weekend.

I sell potted perennials. I have a cash box screwed down and locked. And pictures of different perennials I sell stapled to the sides of the stand.

I'm on a road that people use to cut through to other roads, so we get plenty of traffic.

There should be some pictures of it on the attached link, probably in the "My Farm" album.

Here is a link that might be useful: My pictures

o

Hi Jenny, it sounds as if you have a farm stand I want to visit! We don't have a stand--people around here can see our garden from the road and stop to see what is available.
If you are going to sell baked goods, you'd best check to see if your county/state has rules about that.
Also, be sure to put a sign on the main road, well before your turn-off, so people will know that the turn for your stand is coming up. Make it simple: "Fresh farm produce stand, turn left 1/2 mile" or something similar, and then a sign with your farm name and an arrow pointing down the dirt road at the turn-off itself. I don't know how many times I have gone by a stand because I simply didn't know it was there until I was upon it and unable to stop.
Good luck with your stand--with the wonderful things you are offering, the county may have to pave your road to take the traffic!

o

thanks maringardener,
I only hope people will come down the road. We have many stands where we live so it should prove interesting.We have a flower Lady at the end of my road so I hope they will go to hers and see my sign. Thanks Jenny Out of My Gourd Farm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here