Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deformed baby duck needs help

Posted by redheadedmtbr (My Page) on
Tue, May 27, 08 at 10:47

Recently on a trip to a flea market, I came across a deformed little duck. The farmer was going to kill this little critter, so I offered to give it a home instead.

This little duck, which I have named Thor, has a partially developed upper bill, no right eye, and has a neurological problem that makes him walk in circles.

I have created a web page on his behalf where you can read more about this great little duck, see pictures of him, and help aid in his fight to survive.

http://redheaded.mtbr.googlepages.com/home

I hope you are as touched by this little guy as I have been.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deformed baby duck needs help

That poor little duck! I wonder if the parents had eaten lead shot or something before this little duck was conceived. That is awesome that your dog took a liking to the little bugger.

o
RE: Deformed baby duck needs help

Where are you located? You should get your local newspaper to do an article, or maybe a local tv news program to interview you and Thor. It's a little difficult to ask people to make contributions more or less blindly. These days, I like a lot more information before I would send a contribution. I expect most people feel the same way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here