Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Charlene is a Charles!

Posted by marlingardener 8b Texas (My Page) on
Tue, May 13, 08 at 11:51

We suspected that one of the eight pullets we got this spring was not a lady. Well, when the comb started to grow and the wattles appeared, we determined that Charlene was really a Charles. We changed the name to Cyrus, since Charles is the name of my husband's boss and my husband might be tempted to wring the neck of anything named Charles. The seven Australorp pullets and Cyrus are doing well, and we expect little Australorps in our future. Does that make me a grandma?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Charlene is a Charles!

Lol about the boss.

o

Very serious question you pose here: Yes. And we all expect you to carry pictures of all of your little feather children in your wallet. :)

The boss thing gave me a giggle as well.

Velvet ~:>

o

Backlanelady, glad you enjoyed the boss reference. Cyrus is safe--a Charles would be in danger! And Velvet, I have bored all our friends and acquaintances with chicken stories, and mailed pictures of the flock to family, so I think I qualify as a "proud parent" and within a year or so, as a Grandma. By the way, I wouldn't be having this much enjoyment of our little flock without your most valuable advice and calming influence. So, thanks from "grandma" and all the little chicks to come!

o

Ha ha! Loved the boss comment!

Congrats about being a Grandma in the future! :D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here