Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rattlesnake vaccine

Posted by rlsnyder77 Montana (My Page) on
Thu, May 29, 08 at 14:14

My Min Pin has had a pretty bad reaction to the rattlesnake vaccine. He has developed a LARGE bump on his neck/shoulder where the vaccine was given. The injection was given 10 days ago. The dog scratched the area and made a hole for the fluid to drain. I lightly pressed around the area to get the rest of the fluid out. It was mostly clear with maybe 1/3 blood content. I couldn't get in to see the vet today, but will see him tomorrow. It also appears he has loss of tissue in the injection site.
Is there anything I can do to help with this situation until I see the Vet?
I really think you should not consider this vaccine safe for some dogs. My dog is approx. 12 lbs., 5 years old, and in excellent health.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rattlesnake vaccine

Warm, wet compresses may help bring blood into the area, which would in turn carry to toxins away. The warmth may also be soothing and help make him more comfortable.

Velvet ~:>

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here