Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wanted: Eggs to hatch

Posted by simplylisa Tennessee (lisasavonplace@aol.com) on
Sun, May 21, 06 at 16:19

I am wanting to hatch some chicken eggs. I have borrowed an incubator but I don't know anyone around here with eggs. Does anyone know where you can find/buy/get chicken eggs to hatch? We are trying to start a farm ona very limited budget and I know my 4 year old daughter would love to watch our chickens hatch and grow. Any help on finding a source for eggs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Lisa & Kayla (4 year old DD gardening partner)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wanted: Eggs to hatch

I can supply a mixed dozen bantam fertile eggs. black Hamburg, Sumatra,columbian Rock, possibly a couple other varieties of hamburg. I normally get $25 per 12, will sell these for $18/12(total cost). shipping cost alone runs $8-$9. These bantams are all show birds which win at National levels. they also make great pets and are good layers of small eggs.

o

Hi,

Yes, kiddos love to watch them hatch and see the little sweeties! Both my boys adore ours, at least when they are still little that is =)

If you pay shipping, I can send you some eggs, they will be arachauna (sp?) probably green but I cannot guarantee they will be bred from that breed rooster...but 1/2 chance hehehe!

Shoot over an email and we can make arrangements if these will strike your fancy.
Stacey in Iowa

o

Ooh, fanci, you are sorely tempting me, I love those little banties...*L* I seriously must resist right now though...*sigh*

I also offer eggs from my mixed flock of standard sized birds and bantams, we've got a little bit of everything here. If you don't mind the 'box of chocolates' never-know-what-you'll-get thing, I just send mine for the cost of shipping, which is around $15.00 for three dozen eggs. The only catch is I'd like pictures of the chicks when they hatch, and again when they get to be adults. :) You can get a look at my chicken page with pics of my flock here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~velvetsparrow/VSChickMeetMyFlock.html

You can also get eggs from eggbid.com, especially if you are after a particular breed.

Enjoy your chicks wherever you end up getting the eggs from, watching eggs hatch is a truly amazing thing to see, especially for kids. :)

Velvet ~:>

o

Go to the local feed stores and put up signs asking for fertile eggs. Tell the owners what you want. Usually they know their customers very well and can connect you with ones who own chickens.

o

• Posted by zeke Iowa (My Page) on
    Mon, May 22, 06 at 20:06

you might check e-bay .
the last time i looked there were 9 pages of hatching eggs .
Zeke

o

Try looking here www.Ovabid.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Ovabid

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here