Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No more flys

Posted by carmen_grower_2007 4/5 (My Page) on
Sat, May 24, 08 at 18:44

This is incredible and I want somebody to tell me why it works. For years now, I have heard that you put plastic bags of water hanging outside your door and you will have no more flies coming into the house.

I never heard why this works but we did it a few weeks ago and no more flies! Why does this work?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No more flys

We've been using this method for years. Amazing how well it works! I've been told that something about the way the light refracts from the bags of water annoys the flies' eyes.

o

Thanks - that probably makes sense. We are absolutely amazed that something so simple has solved a huge summertime problem.

o

I'm guessing these are clear bags of water? I'd love to try this....dear hubby is always letting flies in the house, ha ha! :)

o

mersiepoo, yep - we use the 1 quart ziplock bags. Hang one right by the door, or 2 or 3 around the patio, and voila! no more flies.

o

I gotta try this...thanks for the info!!! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here