Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goldenpond_gw

Any ID on this duckling ? Pictures

goldenpond
14 years ago

My Jinxie duck(cayuga) lost her mate two months ago and has been setting for that long.We realized the eggs were rotten so I decided to get new ducklings thinking I could replace her eggs with the ducklings.

when she went out for her 15 min daily bath I removed the rotten eggs and placed the ducklings in the pen. They seemed happy but when she returned her nasty Quacking began!She didnt want to go in and when I placed her in she continued Angrily sqwacking and chasing them. I wayched as long as I could thinking she would accept them but when she tried to drown the smallest i put them in a nother pen.

We went to two places to get our new ducks. The first we got an Indian Runner duck a Magpie and a male Rouen. Then I went to another feedstore and got what she called rare ducks,

I think some were mix breeds. The big brown was an Easter leftover that no one wanted so I took it. I am thankful I did as the smaller ducks snuggle it and it seems to have a sweet temperment,until I pick it up and it cries like a baby.

Any idea what breed the big guy is?

{{gwi:40660}}

{{gwi:40661}}

{{gwi:40662}}

{{gwi:40663}}