Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
delilahduck

Sick Duck!!

delilahduck
15 years ago

I need some help for my daughters new duckling. She is about 2 1/2 - 3 wks old, she is a Golden 300. Her name is "Delilah". Delilah eats, sleeps, and plays w/ my daughter,and my sons bunny, and has been very "normal" acting the whole 6 days we have had her. At night she snuggles up to the bunny and sleeps happy. But today we left her in the cage with the bunny to nap while we worked outside for a couple of hours and came back and Delilah has a lopsided neck that seems to be ful of FOOD! She acts "normal" even wants to drink but when she does she starts to cough up water with food. It looks to me like something might be stuck in her throat and she can't get it up. She only has a problem if she tries to drink, otherwise she seems fine, even though she obviously is not. I thought maybe she got a hold of some wood shavings that might have been on the bunnies feet? Or his Poopie? Could this be a problem? We are feeding her duck starter pellets soaked in water with electrolytes. I don't know if she needs any gravel? She is outside enough to get some off the ground. If she need this will she know it and peck at the peppbles? I would really appreciate any elp in this matter. So will my daughter. Thanks. I should note that we have removed her food and water for the night. thanks again!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA