Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
doe is pulling out fur

Posted by terriemac none (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 14, 12 at 11:31

I am new to raising meat rabbits. I read that the nest box goes in at 28 days but my doe is already pulling out her fur and she is only 22 days. Should I put it in now?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: doe is pulling out fur

YES! Put it in now. Your doe is nesting. Give her a snug but comfy not too big not too small nest box with some hay in it, or she will have those kits on the wire. Try not to disturb her too much or she may kill or step on the kits.

o

Yes for sure now. She will want to feel at home in it before the babies come or else she may have them on the wire anyways. And also as Brenda S says. DO NOT DISTURB. You will see the fur in the nesting box move after she has had them. Leave alone for at least a day before checking. Good luck

o

Thanks! I put the nesting box in yesterday with about an inch of pine shavings on the bottom and some timothy hay that I had on top of that. Might replace it with some straw since she's eating the hay :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here