Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ivermectin dosing...one more time

Posted by phurst1959 none (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 25, 11 at 12:21

OK, just call me dense. Math is NOT my strong suit. If I mix 50ml 1% injectible Ivermectin with 450ml propylene glycol does that make my dose 1.0ml per 10 lbs. body weight? That is the mix ratio and dose I used for years for my boxer based on information given me by a pharmacist, a vet, and the kennel master at a local hunting plantation. Someone PLEASE make this simple for me. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ivermectin dosing...one more time

What does the dog weigh?

o
RE: Ivermectin dosing...one more time

25 lbs, 80 lbs, and a growing Lab puppy whose weight is changing weekly. PLEASE, just tell me if my mix ratio and dosing is correct. That is all I want to know. I don't mean to be curt, but I can't seem to get a straight yes or no answer from anyone and I am becoming VERY frustrated. Everyone wants to give me "take this times this then divide by this, but if they are this, then do this, etc." kind of answers. The vet I used for years has passed away and the people who have taken over the practice won't even discuss this with me. The kennel master has retired and moved, and the pharmacist has also sold out. I don't mean to seem ungrateful, but I just want a simple, to the point, kindergarten level answer. Thank you so much for even replying.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here