Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
two male rouen pet ducks have become mean

Posted by krip72 none (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 13:00

i have two male rouen ducks that we got last year and have raised since they were babies. I have to say they have been spoiled ,they get to come in swim in the tub have fresh fruit vegetables and sit on a blanket with us while they dry off. within the last couple months they have become really mean with us and each other. they bite at our toes ,legs and hands. they also grab on to each others feathers and hold on. one seems to be worse then the other. what can i do to get this behavior to stop. i dont want to send them to someones farm (we live in town and have a BIG backyard)but i don't want to have them biting me every time i go in my yard.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: two male rouen pet ducks have become mean

Males are notoriously aggressive. They are probably "frustrated." and would love some female companionship (but 2 females since there are two males.)

o
RE: two male rouen pet ducks have become mean

My mom used to be attacked by our "pet" duck every time she would go out to hang wash on the line. And she was wearing shorts too. Gee, I feel bad about that now that she's gone. But it was kidna funny in a way too. Idea - can you take a fly swatter and swat at them when they do this. It seems kind of harmless and won't hurt, and maybe they would get the idea.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here