Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Raw Milk

Posted by ivarlucas WA (ivarlucas@gmail.com) on
Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 13:32

Where Can I find Raw milk in western washington?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Raw Milk

http://www.realrawmilkfacts.com/raw-milk-regulations/state/washington

Start calling retailers ...

After you read this:
http://www.realrawmilkfacts.com/raw-milk-news

o

I like to use this great site called Agrilicious to source my food directly from a farmer or farmers market.

I am not entirely positive if you can buy Raw milk in a grocery store. But if you click the link below it will show you a variety of farms and farmers markets that sell raw milk in western washington.

Here is a link that might be useful: Raw MIlk in Western washington

o

The federal govt. has to stop micro-managing our lives.

o

They'd probably do that if the people who produce our food would sanitize things well enough to stop killing people.

There's a reason we have food safety laws - they save lives.

o

@ JoppaRich:

That is one of the most mis-informed statements I have ever heard. It has nothing to do with "sanitizing" anything.

We have more food safety laws today than EVER, and you have more to worry about today, as far as food is concerned.

o

I really would like to see the people killed by drinking raw milk. Probably about the same number that died of raw carrots.

o

Jopparich: We have more food safety laws today than EVER, and you have more to worry about today, as far as food is concerned.

Have you ever read any housekeeping books from the 1890s? They tell the housewife how to detect all kinds of adulterants that you don't have to worry about any more because of those regulations.

RyseRyse - Here ya' go ... and is having to get a kidney transplant close enough to death for you?
http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2014/02/a-mom-and-a-dairymans-plea-dont-feed-children-raw-milk/

Something similar happened in my community when I was a wee toddler ... except it was streptococcus , not E. coli, an outbreak of scarlet fever, not kidney failure, and some children were left with damaged hearts, not kidneys.

But the farm was doing everything "right", from the pasture fed cows to the scrubbed and scalded collection buckets. But somewhere along the route, a few pathogens got in the milk (a sneeze, a subclinical case of mastitis, a barely noticeable infected cut ... they never found the source) and children all across the valley were affected. the only thing they had in common was buying milk from that farm.

o

I don't know. We used to have dairy cows & always drank raw milk.Many dairy farmers do, too but don't admit it publically.
There's 2 sides to the issue.Both have merit to them.We have pasteurization for a reason but I think it's possible to have certified raw milk dairies operate,too.There are just a lot more variables involved than the dairy industry would care to deal with & I cant really blame them.It's a very demanding, 24/7 job & the last thing dairy farmers need is bad press.

o

Seems to me we should let people decide for themselves what they want to eat and drink and keep the regulations out of it.

I am so tired of the 'womb to tomb' government.

o

RyseRyse ... So you would also be against other farm regulations.
No regulation on pesticide use?
No labelling foods with GMO ingredients?
No banning growing GMO crops?

o

An individual has the right to decide what they want to eat and drink. Period. The government has no business deciding that. Unfortunately most people gladly gave up their involvement in food preparation and fill their grocery carts with food processed and handled who knows where. Many do not even have a clue how to cook anything.

People became ill from filthy dairy practices and feeding cows swill back in the 1800's. Factory farms to this day are filthy operations, and yes, you would become ill drinking raw milk from one of those farms. What the government allows with huge factory farms is criminal. I have met people who had worked at some of them. What they told me made me feel ill.

Raw milk from 100% grass fed cows, who are moved to fresh pasture daily, and live and are handled in spotless conditions is perfectly safe. And delicious. It is extremely nutritious. It may not be your choice to drink milk from that farm, but it might be mine. And frankly, NO ONE has a right to tell me whether I can or not.

There is a great book titled "The Untold Story Of Milk". It's a great eye opener.

For the same reasons as stated above, I will not touch meat from a store either.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here