Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New England Poultry Exhibitions Shows

Posted by gardendawgie (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 14, 09 at 16:49

I would like to go see some high quality show birds in New England. I am in Mass. Does anyone know if there are any shows on the agenda. Or possibly the name or way to contact some serious exhibition breeders who are local.

Thanks for you help.

Right now I do not have any birds or chickens. I am trying to decide on what way to go. Seeing some nice birds would certainly help me to make a decision.

Scanning the internet I have liked the tiny Serama chicks. Are they easy to take care of because they are smaller.

I am not really a newbie to chickens as I used to have many back around 1972 era. Today there is so much more info and things available. Back then it was pretty isolating. No internet etc. Hard to find info. Now is incredible.

I wonder about Topsfield show in October. Also the Eastern States Exposition. not sure when that is. But there might be dedicated poultry shows. What about places that people meet to swap birds. They used to do that back in the 70's. Got some nice birds back then that way.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New England Poultry Exhibitions Shows

Try going to " the "Poultry Connection poultry forum" web pages. A bunch of poultry exhibitors there who show nationally. I am no longer upm to date on such things..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here