Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have bought a hobby farm!

Posted by sewcrazynurse MI zone 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 21, 10 at 18:45

Years ago when I learned to can this forum taught me and when I bought a farm with my husband this form showed me where to start to be productive.

During and after my divorce I have been stuck in town with my four kids. Today how ever I have bought a farm. Words cannot express how happy I am!

So once again I am starting out in farming and I will be asking for your advice. I will begin now.

Where do I find used electric fencers? (Of course you know he kept everything.) Auctions are out. I work full time and have online classes.

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I have bought a hobby farm!

Congrats ... fence chargers (is that what you are looking for?) can be bought at a local farm store, Tractor Supply, or google them and order them online.

o

Craigslist is the used stuff shopping place now. Seems like you can find anything there! I now have two cattle, a trailer, patio stones, other things we found on there when we needed an item.

Sometimes you can find auctions on Weekends, pick up things you want or need. You NEED to know prices, so you don't overpay. Check items out totally, before bidding because once you buy, it is yours working or not.

Congrats on the new place.

o

Oh you have the AMERICA DREAM!
Take your time,read it all,(Mother Earth,Grit etc) and visit neighboring farms. Don't let the old grouchy ones get you
off track!
Have fun
tanya

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here