Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any duck lovers out there???

Posted by allaroundgoatgirl (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 25, 08 at 18:52

I've been raising chickens for quite some time now and would like to try my hand at raising ducks.

I need a breed that is fairly quiet, and can live in a fairly small run.

Can anyone tell me about some breeds that might work for me??

Much appreciated....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any duck lovers out there???

Muscovy Ducks do not quack.they hiss and they do not require a pond. sound liks what you need.

o

my favorite has always been pekins..they are the cutest and make awsome pets as well. I just got myself 2 ducklings yesturday..and I love them. I got rid of our pond as I found it was too hard to keep clean with ducks,,but I bought them a swimming pool that is large enough for them to swim under the water and easy for me to clean out every few days or so.

Go for PEKINS!!

o

i've heard pekins are pretty noisy though.....

o

no nosier than any other duck..the females have voices,not the males. The males are silent,,if they want to make any noise it sounds like a raspy quack! But they are by far my favorites!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here