Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
runningtrails_gw

Chicken coop mural

runningtrails
14 years ago

I finished it today! I put it off for so long until I just decided to do it anyway and get it done. He's about 6' tall and on the end of mu chicken house facing the road.

{{gwi:42428}}

Comments (14)

• marlingardener
    14 years ago

That is magnificent! You are going to have traffic tie-ups on your road. Also, seeing a 6' rooster will probably discourage predators!

• grullablue
    14 years ago

He's BEAUTIFUL! I want one! LOL

• nelda1234
    14 years ago

Truly Beautiful! I love it! "discourage preditors" ROTFLMAO! I would think so!! :)

Runningtrails - You make us all jealous!

• msmitoagain
    14 years ago

Awesome, great job. You are so talented!

Ramona

Here is a link that might be useful: MY BLOG

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone! LOL! I hope he discourages predators!

I'm hoping it will generate some mural work for me :-)
    He has been planned since last fall, I just haven't had time since it warmed up enough to paint, with planting and landscaping and all. I collected the outdoor paint all winter at the Habitat for Humanity Restore and freecycle. The only colour I had to buy at the store was bright red.

I've had a week's vacation this week and have gotten a lot of things done, including this guy.

• mersiepoo
    14 years ago

Runningtrails, that is so spectacular!! That is like straight out of a painting! You are soooo talented!! I hope you get some offers to do more painting! Way cooler than "Mail Pouch Tobacco" signs on barns, lol!!

Excellent colors, you really captured the sheen on the tail feathers perfectly! Bravo!!!

• msjay2u
    14 years ago

Girl you are the BOMB! I love it. I knew it was going to be good but never imagined it would be that good!!
    What kind of rooster is that?

That was well worth the wait!

• ladybanksrose
    14 years ago

Fabulous work!!! I would love to be so talented. Unfortunately I am not. I did paint the inside of my chicken palace blue and then stenciled insects and worms on the walls. It was kind of a joke on my husband as he thinks I spend way too much time with the chickens. It didn't get much of a rise from him, so I bought a metal chandelier from Habitat and hung it from the ceiling. It doesn't work, but oh what fun I have had!

Wish you lived here, I would hire you in a heartbeat. Beautiful work.

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks so much guys! It was a lot of fun!
    I don't know what kind of rooster it is, if it is a "kind". Its an adaptation of a pic from the internet. It doesn't have to be a real rooster. It's just make believe.

LOL! Southern_magnolia, sounds very interesting inside!! A chandelier!

• ladybanksrose
    14 years ago

I am always a bit over the top! I will try later to post photos of my chicken runs. They have a partial tin roof and the remainder is covered with wysteria. Looks nice, but more importantly, it keeps the odor down from my baby ducks and geese.

• velvet_sparrow
    14 years ago

Beautiful! I hope you create like this for a living...?

I was going to be a smart aleck and say something like, "Wow, what a beautiful, enormous co--"

Couldn't do it. :)

It has such soft color, it looks like you did it in pastels. Way to recycle the paint!

Velvet ~:>

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

ROFL! Velvet, oh my! I don't think anyone around here has thought to say that yet. lol. I'm sure it's coming though.

Southern_magnolia, I loved it! The whole idea of a fancy chicken house with chandelier is marvelous! I don't think its "over the top". I think its great, creative genius! You're giving me some ideas here...

I don't paint for a living, unfortunately. I wish I could. I have a full time "day job" in an office. I was on vacation this week. I do make a bit selling paintings and pet portraits, but not nearly enough to live on.

Here is a link that might be useful: My art site

• msjay2u
    14 years ago

the reason I asked what breed this rooster is because he looks amazingly like a grown up and more colorful version of one of my chickens. It is supposed to be a hen but I think its a rooster

The link below is not a good photo but mines has all the colorings just like your painting!

Anyway you are a fantastic painter. You capture the true spirit of anything you paint and draw. I don't understand why you are not famous yet. Have you ever thought of selling your work and the local festivals (in your town)?

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:42427}}

• nhsuzanne
    14 years ago

Runningtrails, BRAVO, BRAVO! It's great and I am jealous. I wish you lived closer I would really love something done on my coop and on my barn - I have no talent of that nature whatsoever! I love it!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting