Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
brooder questions

Posted by msjay2u 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 2, 08 at 23:58

I did a search and found some chicken brooders that you guys have set up. I went shooping today and I brought:

A 29 gal rubbermaid bucket ($6)

Photobucket

an auto feeder and a waterer that look like this ($4 each) and now I notice the chicken feeders and waterers have small round access holes. will what I brought work???

Photobucket

one of those dangerous lights that you can only buy at walmart ($7)
Photobucket

a ordinary 100 watt bulb (79 cents)
Photobucket

I need to get some bedding and wondering if regular hay will work. i accidently brought cedar muclch ( I meant to buy pine mulch). I know I can not use the cedar so I will put it in the garden. I hated to spend $7 on the pine BEDDING so I was looking for an alternative. I have lots of hay but that won't do jack for the smell.

lastly I have not been able to find chick starter feed yet. can I use duck pellets? I have about 40 lbs left over from my ducks.

oh and what do you guys store your feed in?

Do I need to devise a different top on the bin or can I leave it with no top?

THANKS!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
ples respond on the other thread same subject thanks

Please ignor this thread if you are going to respond because I forgot to check the box to get a copy of my replies via email. I have done another one and I checked the box on it. Thank you. I wish there was a way to delete my posts when I forget to check the box!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here