Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to post photos??

Posted by beeliz 2 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 11, 09 at 12:07

Anyone have good instructons on posting some pics??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to post photos??

Load your pics onto your computer and resize them if needed (some photo sharing sites, like Photobucket, will automatically resize them for you though). Upload the pics to the photo sharing site of your choice, like Flikr, Photobucket, etc. Lots of these sites are free. Once you've uploaded the photo, copy the URL for the photo in HTML (look for the box, usually under the photo, with the URL in HTML) then paste it into the 'message' box when creating a thread or replying to a thread. The URL will have arrow brackets on each end and start with img src, like this: '< img src="http:myphotoblahblahblah' and end with '.jpg"/ >'. (I've put an extra space in next to the brackets so the instructions in the previous sentence would show, so omit them when actually posting). It should come out like this:

Check it with the 'preview' button, if your pic doesn't show, or it shows the coding but not hyperlinked (in blue and clickable) there is an error in the HTML coding somewhere. Most photo sharing sites give you nice, clear directions to help you out. :) HTML coding is the same all over, so you can use it wherever HTML is used on your computer or the Internet. Some sites are different and use the IMG code though--nearly identical to HTML but instead of arrow brackets, it uses square brackets like this [ ]. If one doesn't work try the other, and most photo sites offer both for you to use. Handy! Usually HTML is for websites & blogs, while IMG is for forums & bulletin boards.

Velvet ~:>

o

thank you Velvet,I will give it a try..wish me luck!LOL
Love your pic ,by the way!!
[IMG]http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/beejeen/thomas022.jpg[/IMG]

o

Thanks! :) That's Moet, a buff Cochin Frizzle bantam hen, doing her darndest to cover FIVE big Americaunas chicks. *L*

She looks like a chicken pancake...

Velvet ~:>

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here