Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sujiwan_gw

Having quite a poultry problem this week

I have 3 areas I use for my poultry. One is a shed on stilts, another is one of the cute AMish made sheds with the Dutch doors and 2 windows, the third is like a divided run in shed that has been wired in the openings and around the interior.

Last week, one of the Amish shed bantams went missing. THe next day, family members put netting over the top of the outdoor run and left the door open to cool it down. SOmething got in and killed the other 2 bantams. The following day, for the first time in a year, something managed to get inside the run in shed and killed 2 hens. My husband put up an interior pen within the run in shed and something injured one of the ducks to the muscle/tendons under her wing. She was inside one of those hanging feeders when discovered. Now, due to fears of insecure quarters, the hends were moved to the Amish hut and this heatwave is killing them --one next to the water by the window this morning. A second succunbed this evening inside the run-in shed.

For safety from predators, my ducks and geese were herded to our "pool building" (empty pool) but it's like 90-100 in there with all windows open at 7 pm.

I'm at wits end and don't know how to keep more from dying overnight. What can I do? We think the predator may be a raccoon although we aren't certain. Tempos are expected to be 101-105 with high humidity Tuesday and Wednesday and I don't know what I'm going to do.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio