Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Pact We Make with Dogs

Posted by johanna_h Z5 SW MI (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 11, 10 at 19:43

This past week two friends lost their dogs -- one 17, one 7 months. It got me to thinking about what dogs expect of us, and what we expect of them. So I wrote this piece on my blog. I expect that if you have a relationship with a dog, you'll know just what I'm writing about.

--Johanna

Here is a link that might be useful: On the Pact We Make with Dogs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Pact We Make with Dogs

Very beautiful ... great picture too.

Never can understand how people can abuse and neglect pets/animals. They are our companions and responsibility.

The heat has made me cranky these days .. need to take the dogs for a swim this evening and tell them I'm sorry for being so cranky!

o

That really makes me want to cry. But very well written and heartfelt. Thank you for sharing that.

o

That was nice...My two dogs are curled up on the bed.
You see, they get up, have breakfast, go outside...then go back to bed, while I am now awake.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here