Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drcfrb

sneezing duck! help appreciated.

drcfrb
13 years ago

I read the posting about a sneezing duck and her two ducks were outside... mine are inside. I have 2 ducks. The one I had first was not fully feathered, but has been for a couple of weeks. Today she started sneezing. She'll be great and then sneeze about 2-4 times. It doesnt seem as if there is something in her throat, it seems like a sneeze. She is also very good about blowing out her nose vents (not sure if thats the right terminology) and staying clean. There is no dust or mold around. She is inside still with her friend, because I havenÂt set up a good kennel (safe from bears etc) situation yet so itÂs a big rabbit cage with a wire grid and a removable tray under that for the poop. Whya (my sneezer) is acting as full of personality as usual but sneezing She has had nothing new introduced into the cage. IÂm just concerned being inside, although she is feathered, she is newly feathered and could have caught cold because I have the A/C on a little sometimes (its not cold  set at 78, but cold for a bird when its cooling) shes out of the draft, but could have put her body in the water and gotten cold. Shes eating, playing, quacking... but I'm worried. If it continues I'm going to the vet, but I did want some info from you guys. Thanks

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery