Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need your ideas

Posted by tralynn zone 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 19, 09 at 5:51

I really need your ideas and input. I work at a feed store and we are having a customer appreciation sale day. We always give out a small gift to our customers and we never have a problem with the gift to our male customers but I am always in charge of what we give to the women.
We cannot spend much money on these but I am at a loss as what to do this year.
As you would guess these women love the country, animals, gardening, etc.
If you have any ideas to share, I would really appreciate it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need your ideas

A ?% discount on all purchases over a $??.?? amount good for all purchases made for the year it was given.
A gift that keeps on giving. But, thats just a mans view of what a woman would want--so--what do I know!!!!

o

What are you giving your male customers this year? It's too late for this but my local feed store gave out packages flower of seeds earlier this year. I thought it was a nice idea and I actually planted them. The seeds I got were a perennial flower so it's an extra special little thank you. Maybe a couple of fall bulbs to plant??? I will keep thinking.

For me personally, any kind of a discount on grain, horse grooming products, etc. Samples of horse shampoo, conditioner, etc are always nice for me.

o

Okay, don't laugh, but how about Udder Balm? I use it on my hands to keep them from chapping, it is better than Vaseline or some of those expensive hand lotions, and it comes in a small tube that would be a good "gift size".

o

I love the seed idea or a bulb or chapstick,
why not post this on Garden Junk. They have the BEST ideas.

o

vegetable or flower seeds
daffodil or tulip bulbs
cotton gloves
osmocote samples
peat pots
hand trowels
squirt bottles
sun visors
veggie baskets
Silicon Glove
sunscreen
those little foam pads for kneeling on
green velcro plant ties
permanent plant name tags
wild bird seed
finch feeder sock
hummingbird food or little feeder
Tanglefoot
cat/dog food can covers
Nature's Miracle...

o

order in a crate of tulip bulbs, and sack up a couple per paper bag, tie a bow with twine. Nobody will turn them down. And when they bloom, guess what store they will think of?

o

Tralyn, what have you decided to do??

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here