Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We achieved eggs!

Posted by marlingardener 8b Texas (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 15, 08 at 11:26

My black Australorps are beginning to lay eggs! Finally! We have two little brown eggs--I am thinking of having them bronzed. I broke out the champagne and cooked rice for the flock. Since I am not sure which hen laid the egg, or eggs, I treated them all to a celebration party. They sure looked cute with their little party hats and noise makers. No eggs this morning, perhaps due to hangovers. Life on the farm is so good . . . .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We achieved eggs!

Lol! Isn't it exciting to get your first eggs? Good for you and the hen!
How did they blow the noise makers without lips?

o

Mine have started laying too. I have a friend that calls them 'portion control' size cause the eggs are still so small. We have 6 chickens and I am getting about 4 eggs a day.

The chickens eat well and are extreamly spoiled in that manner. But the dog has lost weight since she doesn't get all of the leftovers now, she wouldn't eat salad anyways.

o

Yay!! I'm happy for you and your girls. My girls are laying pretty steady now too. Not all of them but I'm getting 5-9 per day. One of my Americaunas has started and hope the eggs get a little more tinted. You can see the green hue but still very chalking and drab looking, LOL. I am excited each day to look and see how many and what colors, etc. Lori

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here