Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowersnhens

mite question - help

flowersnhens
14 years ago

Okay, earlier I had posted about losing some chickens. So, I figured it was something they were either eating outside,, or some sort of illness they were passing around. I also have noticed this past week that there are mites in the coop, or atleast that is what I thought.

SO: I used a fogger in the chicken coop today after I cleaned all of the bedding out and disposed of it. I also checked my hens and the ones I checked have NO MITES on them. I read that there are mites that will only feed at night and that during the day the mights will not be seen on the chicken. SO, if this is what is happening, do you suppose the fogger I used will take care of the mites that are in there waiting to attack the hens when they are roosting??? The fogger I used said after 4 hours to air the building out and 30 minutes later you can enter the building again. So, do you think this is okay?? I didn't know what else to do,,,I just want the disgusting bugs gone. Also, waterers and feeders were disinfected with bleach as well.

Comments (3)