Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calling all who use Electric netting for poultry...

Posted by camaria 2 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 08 at 16:30

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

Hi there,

I'm planning on having a small run for my three chickens installed around their coop using Electric poultry netting. The spacing in this netting is 2" at the bottom. Do any of you use this netting?

http://www.premier1supplies.com/deta...?prod_id=20197

Success with predators? Have you had small predators such as weasels sneak through? Do you still lock your girls in their coops at night? I was considering leaving the pop hole door open if the run is surrounded by electric fence. Your thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calling all who use Electric netting for poultry...

The guy who owns a large farm up the road has about 40 chickens. He uses it. It rotates his netting everyday to avoid lice and mites. We are getting a coop next year and that is what we plan on doing for health manangement. hope that helps

o
RE: Calling all who use Electric netting for poultry...

I love my poultry fence!

I bought an 84' length last year, and wish I had bought the electric charger for it. That was my mistake. The ducklings, being less susceptable to electric shock from my "normal" fence charger got out. So I don't recommend a "normal" fence charger (it was a 5 mile charger) for little poultry. But for those nearly full grown even my fence charger kept them in.

This is the first fence that my JRT will not challenge. He avoids it completely. In fact, I've been toying with the idea of putting the dogs in the fence. Then I can let the birds free range and get the grasshoppers.

My main predator is my own dog. I don't recall loosing any ducklings to the hawk while they were in the fence.

This is where I found my fencing. I'm not sure if they are comparable with other companies, because I couldn't find another source when I looked.

Here is a link that might be useful: Premier One Fencing

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here