Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sullicorbitt

4th painting of summer chicken series

sullicorbitt
16 years ago

This one was a really tough one for me, it's 24"x30" and tons of information going on. The colors from the photo are off just a tad but I did my best. In reality the sky looks a bit more stormy and dramatic.

The size of this painting is much larger than the others which is part of the reason why it's taken me so long to complete. Let me know what you think?

Thanks! -Sheila

{{gwi:45592}}

Comments (12)

• stoneunhenged
    16 years ago

These are great. Very clever.

• lfrj
    16 years ago

AH so our roo DOES have a life, And he's a Bo-sox fan to-boot! After reviewing the standings, his expression certainly shouldn't mimic his fellow fans this year. Maybe he's saying "say it ain't so, barry, say it ain't so!".

Seeing this series as each piece comes to fruition has been very interesting to me. That background certainly plays a huge role in the whole tone of the piece doesn't it?

Sheila, you're very talented! Bravo.

LF

• velvet_sparrow
    16 years ago

Duck, Mr. Chicken, it's a pop fly! :)

I think this is beyond wonderful.

Velvet ~:>

• mistymorgans
    16 years ago

ok sheila, I am relatively new to this forum, but after I saw this picture, I had to go look at all of them. I am a transplanted new englander, and a chicken lover. Absolutely love your pics. Do you have a web site? Thank you for sharing, Jae

• claraserena
    16 years ago

Love it! I like the composition--shapes, colors--all pull it together--nice perspective.
    Is that chicken wishing all those people would go away so he could check out the crickets on the field?!

• sullicorbitt
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone :)

I think the chicken is just hoping a storm doesn't come in to stop the game!

LF, you are correct about the background, Fenway is a very special place :) going there is like stepping back in time, except for the ticket prices! (which you can't even get, they are and have been sold out for the season.)

Jae, I do have a website, it's in desperate need of updating and an overhaul but here it is www.sheilasart.com

-Sheila

• Maggie_J
    16 years ago

Another super painting, Sheila! :) Mr. Roo looks a bit puzzled to me... as though waiting for someone to explain what this is all about. (But then, that's the take of someone who is not in the least sports-minded.)

I always enjoy your paintings, but my favourite is still the rooster in the city.

• sullicorbitt
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Maggie,
    I think this roo is just a bit nervous about the game, it must be a nail biter and the weather doesn't look good. Honestly, I think this one is for the redsox fan, affectionately known as redsox nation :)

The next 5 paintings should go much quicker since they are much smaller.

Thanks for the feedback.

-Sheila

• jacqueocs
    16 years ago

Awesome!!

• GennyM
    16 years ago

As always your painting is gorgeous. They are always so neat :)

• gardendawgie
    14 years ago

This is fabulous. What a great painting. Those Red Sox fans will go wild.

The whole thing works out so well.

• msmitoagain
    14 years ago

Very nice. I like it.

Ramona

Here is a link that might be useful: MY BLOG

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus