Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goldenpond_gw

what is toxic to ducks.

goldenpond
15 years ago

I have three duck(PETS) and I wondered if things like Lantana and Angels Trumpet will harm them. Also I seem to have little styrofoam balls about the size of perlite in my garden. It is from potted plants being emptied.I do Not use styrofoam but apparently some nursries do.Will this harm the ducks or are they smart enough not to eat it?Any insight on their eating habits will be helpful

Comments (3)

• henhilton
    15 years ago

When my chickens started pecking at the styrofoam insulation we had used in their house, I researched it and found that styrofoam just passes right thru them without doing any harm. Should be the same for ducks?

I see lots of wild birds eating my lantana berries (that's why they grow so frequently along fence lines where birds sit!), so if it doesn't hurt them, that would tend to make me think the ducks ought to be fine.

Disclaimer: I claim no specific knowledge about ducks. The preceding are opinions only.

• mersiepoo
    15 years ago

I've heard of ducks eating lead shot and getting lead poisoning...we have neighbors who don't take care of any of their animals, one time this poor messed up looking duck was limping around our property, it looked like it had eaten stuff that wasn't good for it, like lead shot. :(

• goldenpond
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hmmm no lead shot around here but i do have alot of exotic plants.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus