Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bird House Grouds and Goats

Posted by littlereo Conklin Mi. (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 29, 05 at 8:11

Does anybody know if Goats can eat the Vines of the bird house Grouds?
We are moveing the pasture, and there are Grouds and Vines there. It is not the right time to pick the Grouds, but if they cannot eat the vines, then we will need to do something else.
Thanks
littereo
Sandie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bird House Grouds and Goats

Not sure what a groud is. Here is a site that may be helpful:

http://www.ansci.cornell.edu/plants/goatlist.html

And another:

http://vet.purdue.edu/depts/addl/toxic/bytox1.htm

Or perhaps your local university has a poisonous plant index for the plants in your area.

Good Luck
bs

o

Okay, I will look.
Thanks
Sandie

o

My wife threw a broken gourd into the barnyard last fall. In the spring a healthy batch of bird house gourd plants came up. They are still out there growing over the fence and all through a crepe myrtel. Lots of gourds on it. The goats won't touch the plants but the guineas like them.

o

Yes, I noticed that, they will not touch them.
Sandie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here