Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GTO 500 gate arm problem

Posted by courtgal none (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 22, 11 at 12:49

We have a GTO 500 gate opener, and the aluminum tube that extends outward from the unit to open the gate has broken. I opened the gate not realizing it had not fully unlatched and "ripped" the aluminum tube that comes out of the unit when we want to open the gate.

The company says our only option is to replace the entire arm assembly. Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing that won't cost quite so much money?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GTO 500 gate arm problem

You may want to check with a local welder or metal fab shop. They might can repair it.

o
RE: GTO 500 gate arm problem

I have 1000 series gate opener, and have 2 control boards which both have the same problem, only the primary gate operates. Have good battery and both arms work. Guess that leads to say the control board is the problem. Can't buy a new board for $200 + and gto wants 75 just to look at it. Anybody know who can trouble shoot or what goes wrong with these things in general? Over the years it has been a real pain as that it has never worked more than 4 or 5 mo. in a row.
Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here