Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for inspring stories- how did you get your farm?

Posted by heavenlyfarm 6 (free2be_any1@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Sep 25, 13 at 14:14

Hi,
Just looking to hear some stories about how some of you got the farm you wanted and the steps you took to get there! I know alot of people inherit farms and unfortunately our familys farm was sold when I was 5 days old. Lol I guess they couldnt tell I'd be interested in it at that age so now I'm just trying my hardest to make things work and eventually get to the point where I can look at farms to buy. Until then, its selling seeds, plants at fleamarkets/ebay/my website and trying to save money and work hard! anyways I wanna hear your story :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for inspring stories- how did you get your farm?

We're one of the ones that inherited the family farm I grew up on. I remember being a 'tom boy' as a kid; had two brothers to play with and preferred being outside. Dh was a city boy and is enjoying this life. Hope you find a farm soon.

o

Hey, I know only one person responded but do yous mind if I add your stories to my website as like a sort of "how it started/inspiring stories" page? Just thought of it last night as I was suppose to be sleeping lol :) it would just be a neat little section on the site I think and I like reading stories myself lol
~Michael

o

where's your website?

o

http://gardenofdream.webs.com/
It's honestly kind of a work in progress...has some information on butterflies and such and my farm dream. Also including some gardening tips and trying to sell seeds from my seed collecting hobby. I wanna take it in a good direction tho with farming and gardening. might make a blog on it too! I keep a gardening journal on paper but it'd be nice to share it!
~Michael

Here is a link that might be useful: My Website

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here