Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scarletdaisies

Leasing Farming/Livestock Raising Land Lots

scarletdaisies
14 years ago

I got some cool ebooks on gardening and livestock raising. I have a backyard to plant in, but in the city limits of this country small town, no chickens or animals are allowed to be kept.

I want to lease a small lot of whatever size needed to either make a little money and/or give meat produce. Any ideas on how much to lease?

Maybe small animals like chickens, pigs, sheep,turkeys, but I don't think a cow. I live near lots of farm territory. Does anyone know of prices of leased property and the rules that go with it?

I am very interested in small farming for myself, profit, and for experience in raising and processing meat. I would have liked to take up hunting, but I see it is very expensive unless you own land.

I think it's disappointing of all the hunting fees and regulations. They are going to cause lime disease by over population because no one will hunt due to licenses, fees,permits, and just annoyances created by bureaucrats.

If anyone has heard of leasing land instead of buying, please let me know. Thank you.

Comments (3)