Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Free Chickens to any 4-H member and Children under 10 YO

Posted by seramas SW MICHIGAN (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 26, 08 at 22:54

I usually advertise in local papers. But thought this would target exactly who can get the word out. Over the past 2 years we have given over 3400 birds away. I color breed Seramas-so if you know anything about selective breeding programs you know only 6-8% that's produced are retained for breeding-always selecting the better. So there ends up being many extra birds-many are very good for showing-they just don't meet my requirements. I do not show because I do not like the way some visitors to shows tease and mistreat them. My wife and I enjoy the children picking out the birds they want. We do not like it when parents tell the child what birds to get. The purpose of our giving is the children pick the birds and as their knowledge about show birds grows they can pick better & better birds. They can come every year for more birds.

This is a hobby for us. It is so entertaining to watch the children try to catch the birds they want. To see pictures of our Feathered Friends visit www.virgilwalters.com-contact info a bottom of each page.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Free Chickens to any 4-H member and Children under 10 YO

I have published a second website that features only Seramas. The address is www.virgilwalters/justseramas/
The first site will feature (eventually) all the different varieties of poultry we have and some of Judy's cats and of course Buddy-our Jack Russel terrier that should be on Prozac and Ritalin, but isn't.

o

Those sites won't open for me.Is there anything else I can try?

o

BeeGood - he left out the .com

it should be http://www.virgilwalters.com/justseramas/

Here is a link that might be useful: MY BLOG

o

I tried that and no go.Great blog. Not easy to lose a horse.

o

SORRY

www.virgilwalters.com and
www.virgilwalters.com/justseramas/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here