Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chinese Geese coloration

Posted by iammarcus 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 12, 11 at 2:20

I have 11 Chinese Geese, 2 are white and the rest grey-black. Does anyone know if the color is an indicator of the sex as it is with some chickens (don't remember which one)?
Dan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chinese Geese coloration

I have raised chinese and african geese for several years and the coloration doesn't inicate sex at all. The white chinese are male and female. Also the africans successfully interbreed with the chinese and create offspring that can look like either breed or a mixup of the two. Best way to determine sex by casual observation is by their behavior in the spring mating season.

o
RE: Chinese Geese coloration

With Mature Chinese geese the knob will be slightly larger on the male.

Color has nothing to do with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here