Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardengalrn

The Great Egg Debacle

gardengalrn
14 years ago

I have some elderly neighbors who thus far have been friends, if somewhat eccentric. The woman calls about every day for this or that, usually to buy eggs. She then peddles the eggs out to her friends. She either gives them out or charges them what I charged her so it isn't a scam, LOL! Anyway, I was sleeping one early afternoon so my son took her call. He took out some eggs when her hubby pulled up because he is very lame and has trouble getting in/out of the vehicle. All is well, right? WRONG. What my poor son didn't realize is that he grabbed both a dozen of my banty eggs plus a dozen eggs that I just save for us, some are white and some were kinda soiled due to it raining for days around here. When he gave me the money, I said: "Oh, my. We didn't have any extra eggs to sell today." So, I call and leave a message that obviously they were given the wrong eggs. When she called me back, she was MAD. She denies that she was but she WAS. Very short and terse and said something to the effect of "Oh, great. I gave those to so-and-so, what will they think?" A little later her husband called back (because she was so upset she couldn't) to say they had talked to the people and those people were very understanding and thought maybe they were banty eggs. I told him that perhaps a few dozen eggs at $1 each is nothing to be THAT upset about. After all, those eggs were still good, fresh eggs and what I feed my family! My husband and oldest son are both soldiers and DH is in Iraq so I have bigger things to fret over than a couple dozen eggs! She called today to apologize but I just don't want to be all that involved with them anymore. I'm not sure I have a choice since to distance myself would cause certain friction. I don't need someone to peddle my eggs, I can usually take them to my workplace and get rid of them anyway. I don't know, I probably sound like a trifling person but I'm kinda tired of dealing with constant phone calls that won't give up until you answer, etc. I know they get lonely (they don't have children) so I've tried to be nice. This is just a little rant, I guess. What do y'all sell your eggs for, anyway? I'm not looking to make a profit, I just charge $1. Around here they are usually $2-3 a dozen for fresh eggs. Lori

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH