Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sick Duck

Posted by siamese VA (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 3, 08 at 14:55

My duck has been acting strange for about a week now. Basically she looks drunk and staggers around when she tries to walk. The other ducks are fine. She is separated from them and has been getting cod liver oil (for extra vitamins) but so far no change. She still drinks and eats, but her appetite is slightly decreased now. Her eyes & nose are clear. And stools are normal. Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sick Duck

Mine did the exact same thing..he had a seizure..as far as we know.I't in the breeding.what breed is your duck?Mines a pekin,,
He acted drunk and disoriented for about a week and a half,,but now he's a lot better.He's still a little clumsy sometimes,like when he tries to scratch the left side of his face,,he sometimes loses his balance. but other than that he's living happily with his mate.
I'm sure your duck will improve over time. good luck,

o
RE: Sick Duck

Sorry your duck isn't acting right.

The person who hosts goosemother.com says "If you need help quickly and don't have time to join the list, call me, 520 631-3320. If I don't have the answers myself, I can contact the list or call others to help you."

Good luck with your feathered friend.

Links that might be useful.

www.liveducks.com/care.html

www.thegoosesmother.com/id27.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here