Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
runningtrails_gw

Providence Acres Farm

runningtrails
15 years ago

Well, I started the website for the farm with the name "Providence Acres Farm". Thanks to everyone who helped with the name. The website is below. I don't really know how much time I'll have for it, but I have lots of ideas to put on it - just need to get the pictures.

I will further develope the sections on there as they progress, as well. Soap makaing might come next...

Here is a link that might be useful: Providence Acres Farm

Comments (13)

• msmitoagain
    15 years ago

runningtrails - to let you know, you have a typo in your header

love the pics you have on it, I wish I could find some of those mushrooms here

Here is a link that might be useful: MY BLOG

• msjay2u
    15 years ago

Well I have not been on here in like forever and now I log in and the first thing I see is that you got your website up and got to use the name you really wanted to boot. Well I am so happy for you. I checked out your page and it is nice. I like your rooster too. and why is it that the chicken male species is always better looking?

I just wanted to drop a note and say congrads!

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have re-read the header a few times and don't see it. The only questionable word I can see is specialty. It can be spelled both ways, with and without the extra i. Is there another word misspelled. Please let me know what it is. I don't see it.

I laughed out loud at your story of the accident and rescue. I am sorry you were hurt, but it sure was a funny story! You write very well. I read thorugh your blog. Great property you've got there! I would have gone straight to the creek too.

You dog, Country Lunn, looks just like one that I painted last year. The one I painted is at a collie rescue in California and looks just like her!

• mxbarbie
    15 years ago

Great blog so far! One day I hope to be able to have one of my own. Kids are too small right now, I'm spending all my free time snuggling them before they grow up.

'We sell checmical free' -You have an extra C in chemical. Also, 'made form our own herbs' -should be from.

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh my Goodness! I have read that a hundred times and didn't see those mistakes! LOL! Thank you all very much! Please let me know if you see anymore.

I think "snuggle" time for kids is marvelous and so necessary! Beats computer time anyday. My two are in their twenties. I'd love to start it up again, but I don't think they'd go for it anymore...lol! They're rarely around now anyway.

It is time consuming but it's together time for hubby and me. He sits right beside me on his computer and we figure this is better for us than watching TV. We both work full time all day, so we are way too tired to "do" much on weeknights. I do a lot of reading and research on the computer too and have my other art site to keep up. Hubby does his own thing on the computer, likes to program in Pure Basic (?) but we are sitting together and share what we do.

I have a lot of ideas I want to do and want to add each one to the new website as it comes up. This weekend is set aside for making soap molds. I used to teach soap making, years ago, and am going to start it up again. I planted an herb garden in the spring to make infused oils for the soap. I'll have to get that going this weekend, as well. I'll have to remember to take pics of everything for the new website.

Thanks all!

Here is a link that might be useful: my art site

• organic_flutterby
    15 years ago

Very nice website, it has a simple elegance--perfect! I left a comment for you.
    Your artwork is wonderful Sheryl.

I like your blog too msmito, beautiful pictures. I have a cat just like your orange one, one of his stripes makes a zero on both sides. We call him Zero.

I recently added a 2nd blog http://sundaygirlcrafts.blogspot.com

Here is a link that might be useful: my other blog

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you!

Those are well done blogs you have! Interesting reading on the other blog. I considered a background colour but couldn't decide on anything that looked better than the white. I did look eat an antique paper kind of thing, like your other blog, and am still considering it, but haven't decided yet. I do like the white.

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I read through your other blog, organic_flutterby. Your dream sounds exactly the same as mine. We want a pond and small herd of dairy goats, as well, to make cheese and soap, etc. I have the land for a few now, but no time. All that sterilization needed for milking is very time consuming. We are considering feeder pigs first, maybe next spring.

Partial self-sufficientcy is our goal too. To only work part time and make enough money from the farm for the rest.

We're too busy working to develop the farm very fast, though. It's a vicious circle, but it is coming along.

• beegood_gw
    15 years ago

What kind of rooster is it that you have on that picture with the beautiful neck feathers?

• velvet_sparrow
    15 years ago

Nice site! I did get a 'warning' message when I clicked on your link, though:

Possible Blogger Terms of Service Violations

This blog is currently under review due to possible Blogger Terms of Service violations.

If you're a regular reader of this blog and are confident that the content is appropriate, feel free to click "Proceed" to proceed to the blog. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you're an author of this blog, please follow the instructions on your dashboard for removing this warning page.

So I dunno what's going on there....racy chicken pictures? Your roo is too beautiful for we mere mortals to gaze upon? :) I'm sure it's some kind of weird mistake on their part, as your site looks OK to me.

Very simple & elegant,nice to read, good job! The soap is gorgeous.

Velvet ~:>

• organic_flutterby
    15 years ago

I wish you continued good luck in your endeavors, I hope you reach your goal. Keep us posted.

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

• runningtrails
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Beegood,
    Our roo is a red-sex link: half RIR and half White Rock. We think he's beautiful too and he has such a sweet, gentle and giving personality. I hope it lasts!

Velvet,Thank you! Their new automatic SPAM searcher thinging has marked my site as SPAM. They say they will unlock it in two days but it's still there and it's been two days. It's happening to a lot of other people too. I don't think their new thingie works very well. It sure is frustrating. You other's that have Google blogs might want to watch it carefully in case they mark it as SPAM too.

I guess my roo is just too beautiful! That has to be it!

• seramas
    15 years ago

I thought he was an Isa Brown, have one that look exactly like yours. He is one beautiful Roo!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH