Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deer Hunting

Posted by kansasity MO (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 13, 09 at 15:15

My name is Mike, I'm a Kansas City MO. firefighter for ten years now and am a avid hunter. My wife and I just had our first boy. He's now eight months. What I am wondering is if anyone out there would be willing to let my wife and I hunt? Bow or whatever. See, with me being a Kansas City firefighter, I'm required to live within the city limits of Kansas City. Which means providing a nice house in a decent neighborhood to raise my son, we cannot afford to go buy a hunk of land for me to hunt on. But I would love to. Any farmers that need any help on there farms, or would even take cash for letting my wife and I hunt would mean more to me than almost anything, besides my boy! Thanks for any help, anyone who reads this and may know someone. Please forward this message. My number is 816-868-9382, and my email is kansasity@yahoo.com. Thanks again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deer Hunting

Just had a 8 pt (from what I could tell) buck run across the road in front of me...

o

Go to homestead.org and scroll down to the 3rd piece of property. I'm not affiliated with them. for 58 bucks a month you could have a place to bowhunt and camp.

o

Have you checked to see if there are any public lands near you where you could hunt? Check out the website below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mo. Public Lands atlas

o

The only thing wrong with public land is the public may be there, you never know. Your own place will be less likely to have interference from others.

o

You may want to post on Craigslist.org, it's a free ad. Just watch for trolls. May want to post in the 'farm and garden'.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here