Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pamghatten

Post pictures of your farm!

pamghatten
13 years ago

oregonwoodsmoke said there aren't many people posting, which I agree. So I thought I'd start a thread everyone could participate in. So please post pictures of your farm and any critters.

I'm SE of Buffalo, NY. My farm is Mystic Meadows Daylily Farm:

The front of my place before I painted the barn purple:

{{gwi:47473}}

Looking at the back of my house from across the pond:

{{gwi:47474}}

Standing on my deck looking at the back pasture:

{{gwi:47475}}

My now purple barn:

{{gwi:42206}}

Some of the front daylily gardens

{{gwi:47476}}

The dairy farm next door.

{{gwi:47477}}

Silly donkeys

{{gwi:47478}}

Crazy dogs ...

{{gwi:47479}}

Please post your pics!

Comments (11)

• greendesert
    13 years ago

oh boy. well sorry but I can't post my photos because I'm speechless lookin' at yours and also because I don't have an actual farm. I miss the green (we're in AZ near Phoenix). That third photo with the pond and pasture, that looks incredible, almost like a Thomas Kinkade painting. Very beautiful. We actually live on a very small residential lot but since there's no HOA here, I've decided to have a garden, trees, chickens, dog, cats, had quails for a while too. Right now it is a work in progress, but I might take some photos of a few things if I get a chance.

• pamghatten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, mine is really more of a hobby farm, it's only 20 acres ... I've been working on this property for 13+ years, it looks much different than when I bought it. And it's ALWAYS a work in progress! LOL!

Post some pics when you have a chance ... would love to see your quails.

• lily51
    13 years ago

I love your lily farm,purple barn and donkeys! I, too, will add photos once I can figure out how. Even had my daughter who is tech savvy out and she couldn't do it.
    Thanks for the idea to help get more traffic.
    Farm life is still out there and needs to be shared with others!

• miteymo
    13 years ago

WOW ! Looks like heaven! Thanks so much for sharing those wonderful pics!

• pamghatten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lily, you need to have your pictures on a online site such as Picturetrails or Webshots. They then give you the linking information for each image.

Thanks all, but I want to see your pictures too!

• jenangelcat
    13 years ago

We're just starting out with 4 acres. Pics are on my blog.

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

• pamghatten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi jenangel, nice blog.

The lizard in your picture is a spoted salamander. I ahve them too.

Pam

Here is a link that might be useful: Spotted Salamander

• seamommy
    13 years ago

I don't have a farm either, but I keep chickens. My neighbors have horses, donkeys, goats, cows, rabbits, dogs and cats, lots of dogs and cats. Everyone of us has several pets who were abandoned in the neighborhood. I have a greenhouse and do a lot of gardening, but since I work full time and we have our 3 yo DGS with us full time, we haven't even been able to keep a good vegetable garden in a couple years.
    Here's a shot of the greenhouse
    {{gwi:47480}}
    Here's a pic of the house looking up the hill from the Northeast
    {{gwi:47481}}
    Inside the front circular driveway I put in some paths and plant whatever strikes my fancy. It's all shade due to that huge native pecan tree.
    {{gwi:47482}}
    These came up this year in the worst place, but I let them grow because there's something so charming about sunflowers.
    {{gwi:47483}}
    I don't have any pics of the chicken pen. I should get some though because I have some beautiful roos this year.
    Cheryl

• pamghatten
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Great pictures Cheryl!

• dighappy
    13 years ago

I only have 3.5 acres but have horses, chickens, cats, a peacock and a boxer. Here are a few pictures.

My horses, Autumn and Speedy
    {{gwi:33462}}

My barn cats
    {{gwi:47484}}

Bogart, my boxer
    {{gwi:47486}}

{{gwi:47488}}

• srv524
    13 years ago

Pam,

I'm in Buffalo but a country man at heart. I'll have to stop out sometime to take a tour and maybe lend a hand.

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County