Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jgregghold

chicken with hurt foot

jgregghold
17 years ago

Okay - Today as I let my chicks out in their run, I noticed one (who is usually very outgoing and friendly) hopping on one foot. She was holding the right foot up close to her with toes limp and curled downward. She only came out for their lettuce treats, then hopped back into her house and layed down at the doorway. She let me pick her up and hold her to examine her foot. She doesn't flinch when I touch it or manipulate it - it just seems to be limp - and I can't find any wounds or sores anywhere on it. Just was with them a little bit ago and she is still only using the one foot, but did come out again for their evening treat - so she seems to be eating. This is my first batch of chicks (they are 5 1/2 weeks old) so I am unsure what to do here. I am thinking that she somehow injured it in the house overnight and perhaps it will feel better in a couple of days? I will of course be keeping a close eye on her progress. Is this the way to proceed? Does anyone know what it might be? Any suggestions are welcome!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz