Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Our Daily thoughts Oct 30 - Nov 6th

Posted by simpleme (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 30, 10 at 17:52

The new input has been wonderful.
I loved hearing about the dates and the challenges of farming and gardening in Alaska. Keep it coming.

We have gotten really cool in the evenings. Most of October was sweated in AC and now we're rushing to get the wood stove clean and warm us up.

Our first calf of the 2010 season was born on Thursday. Fine bull calf. Another due on Tues but looks like she may go tonight or tomorrow.

I'm wrapping my brain around planting tomatoes this time of the year. Yes, you certainly do have to love Florida! Been there often and never thought about tomatoes this time of year.

We had a parched summer, no rain from late May to just a week ago. Hay crop is a bust, just glad we got an early first cutting and have what we need.

It's really great to hear from all of you. Maybe if we do this weekly it will encourage more to pop in and chat.

I started this week so any one feel free to start next.

God Bless and may your harvests be heavy.

simpleme

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Our Daily thoughts Oct 30 - Nov 6th

I like the weekly chat idea, if I can remember I'll pop in. :)

Velvet ~:>

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here