Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NIgerian Goat Breeding

Posted by amisty (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 17, 10 at 19:29

We are new with the nigerian dwarf goats. We can't find anywhere how long you should leave the buck with the doe that is in heat..
Any help would be awesome
thanx
Amisty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NIgerian Goat Breeding

If your goat is in standing heat (meaning she is in heat right that moment when you bring her over), you can let her be bred and take her home that day. You will need to watch her to make sure she doesn't come into heat again and need to be taken back for another try. I typically leave my goats for 3-4 weeks to ensure they are bred and if they weren't bred when they first got there, they will cycle again while they are there and get bred during that 4th week.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here