Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terryboc

I got an EGG!

terryboc
16 years ago

I found my first beautiful green egg today in the coop!It is from one of my EEer. I am so excited! I emailed a picture of it to my DH and son. I plan on eating it tomorrow after showing it off.

Cheers,

Terry

Comments (8)

• picklespickles
    16 years ago

cool

• softmentor
    16 years ago

nothing like a new mom!
    congradulations

• sullicorbitt
    16 years ago

Hey that's GREAT Terry! I just love those green and blue eggs. This is just the beginning, now you'll never want to buy store bought eggs again!

-Sheila

• terryboc
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I am now up to 4 eggs-3 green and one a pinky cream (plus one broken cream colored egg a few days ago). They will be breakfast this morning (so I doubt I'm a good "new Mom" :D )-I'm really looking forward to them.

It is so exciting to go in the coop each day to see if I have a pretty egg from any of the girls. I can imagine that this is where easter egg hunting came from.

• HerringboneD28
    16 years ago

Glad to hear your girls are laying! One of our young Rhode Island Reds laid her first egg this weekend at 6 months and one week old. Having chickens is so much fun!

• lindakimy
    16 years ago

Who knew EGGS would be so exciting? Our little flock of 10 RIRs started laying almost a month ago (they are 24 weeks old this week) and they are already up to 7-8 eggs a day!! We are so proud of our girls!

• terryboc
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I can imagine this is how easter egg hunting got started! I ate my eggs last Saturday and I would never guess how eggy they tasted. I'm sold! I got 3 eggs today-2 green ones and a cream one. I think the cream one is a silkie egg. I have 7 eggs waiting breakfast tomorrow. Yahoo!

• gardendawgie
    14 years ago

I wanna put 'em in an incubator or under a silkie and get another Green Machine!

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville