Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I got an EGG!

Posted by terryboc z5 NH (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 07 at 22:02

I found my first beautiful green egg today in the coop!It is from one of my EEer. I am so excited! I emailed a picture of it to my DH and son. I plan on eating it tomorrow after showing it off.
Cheers,
Terry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I got an EGG!

cool

o

nothing like a new mom!
congradulations

o

Hey that's GREAT Terry! I just love those green and blue eggs. This is just the beginning, now you'll never want to buy store bought eggs again!

-Sheila

o

I am now up to 4 eggs-3 green and one a pinky cream (plus one broken cream colored egg a few days ago). They will be breakfast this morning (so I doubt I'm a good "new Mom" :D )-I'm really looking forward to them.

It is so exciting to go in the coop each day to see if I have a pretty egg from any of the girls. I can imagine that this is where easter egg hunting came from.

o

Glad to hear your girls are laying! One of our young Rhode Island Reds laid her first egg this weekend at 6 months and one week old. Having chickens is so much fun!

o

Who knew EGGS would be so exciting? Our little flock of 10 RIRs started laying almost a month ago (they are 24 weeks old this week) and they are already up to 7-8 eggs a day!! We are so proud of our girls!

o

I can imagine this is how easter egg hunting got started! I ate my eggs last Saturday and I would never guess how eggy they tasted. I'm sold! I got 3 eggs today-2 green ones and a cream one. I think the cream one is a silkie egg. I have 7 eggs waiting breakfast tomorrow. Yahoo!

o

I wanna put 'em in an incubator or under a silkie and get another Green Machine!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here