Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilovesnails

I need Garden Snails

ilovesnails
14 years ago

If you have garden snails you don't want I will buy them off you $1 per snail as many as you can send me. Please PM me.

Patrick

Comments (15)

• seramas
    14 years ago

I have some pea size snails. Do you want slugs too? I would be glad to send them for free-just to get rid of them. Show some pictures of the verities you want.

• jean001
    14 years ago

If they're natives, or if they pestiferous kinds, I doubt you can legally send then anywhere.

So, tell us, why do you want them?

• pris
    14 years ago

Let's see. If I collected up 1000 snails and weighed them, how much do you thing they would weigh? I'm thinking it would be not much. So, the price per ounce would be much more than I would be able to justify. Have you really thought this thing through? In addition to that, the postage would be more than $1.00 if you want them still living when you get them. My conclusion is that this is some kid with too much time on his hands and his computer needs to be taken away from him.

• seramas
    14 years ago

Again, it could be a college student doing a study, or plain and simple a collector of snails. There are many folk out there that have unusual hobbies and/or collections. Until we know it is a "nickel" lets not call it a "nickel".

• velvet_sparrow
    14 years ago

Yet another weird post from a new member, I'm not sure what to think of this one...

More info please, ilovesnails? We've been trolled a bit here recently so we're leery...

Velvet ~:>

• velvet_sparrow
    14 years ago

This isn't one of those pranks where we'd actually be mailing tons of snails to an ex-spouse, would we? *L*

• seramas
    14 years ago

That is a good one. Now help me off the floor. Please

Virgil

• pris
    14 years ago

Good one, Velvet

The visual of a long line of trucks backing up to someones house and dumping load after load of snails on the lawn is going to be hard to erase. LOL.

• brendan_of_bonsai
    14 years ago

The laws in the US changed recently, making sending snails across state lines very difficult. Even the relatively harmless (If you live where it freezes in the winter) Apple snail has been affected. You can get a permit for research or education purposes, but I doubt very much that that is a good use of your money. (and it would cost you more than $1 per snail in the end).

• velvet_sparrow
    14 years ago

*L* I actually heard of someone pulling this exact prank against an ex years ago, only they were asking people for samples of dog poop for 'a scientific study'--! They had even put up fliers around town.

The stream of poop (sorry) delivery lasted on and off for months.

But THIS gives new meaning to the term 'Snail Mail'.

• brendan_of_bonsai
    14 years ago

But THIS gives new meaning to the term 'Snail Mail'.

Oh you are a clever one.

• velvet_sparrow
    14 years ago

Sorry.....*G*...couldn't resist the awful joke...

• svacharya
    9 years ago

Have a look at this website.

http://www.nilesbio.com/subcat340.html

Snails are very beneficial to the garden including birds and other animals. For some animals their shell is a good source of calcium.

• eibren
    9 years ago

Some snails also carry one stage of the "brain worm" that infests deer and other ungulates like alpacas, goats, moose, and sheep.

• Brandi Nichols
    8 years ago

Where can I send them I can get as many as you need