Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need Garden Snails

Posted by ilovesnails (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 12, 09 at 9:18

If you have garden snails you don't want I will buy them off you $1 per snail as many as you can send me. Please PM me.

Patrick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need Garden Snails

I have some pea size snails. Do you want slugs too? I would be glad to send them for free-just to get rid of them. Show some pictures of the verities you want.

o

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 13, 09 at 1:58

If they're natives, or if they pestiferous kinds, I doubt you can legally send then anywhere.

So, tell us, why do you want them?

o

• Posted by pris 8B TX (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 13, 09 at 11:21

Let's see. If I collected up 1000 snails and weighed them, how much do you thing they would weigh? I'm thinking it would be not much. So, the price per ounce would be much more than I would be able to justify. Have you really thought this thing through? In addition to that, the postage would be more than $1.00 if you want them still living when you get them. My conclusion is that this is some kid with too much time on his hands and his computer needs to be taken away from him.

o

Again, it could be a college student doing a study, or plain and simple a collector of snails. There are many folk out there that have unusual hobbies and/or collections. Until we know it is a "nickel" lets not call it a "nickel".

o

Yet another weird post from a new member, I'm not sure what to think of this one...

More info please, ilovesnails? We've been trolled a bit here recently so we're leery...

Velvet ~:>

o
Ummm...

This isn't one of those pranks where we'd actually be mailing tons of snails to an ex-spouse, would we? *L*

o

That is a good one. Now help me off the floor. Please

Virgil

o

• Posted by pris 8B TX (My Page) on
    Fri, Nov 13, 09 at 20:00

Good one, Velvet

The visual of a long line of trucks backing up to someones house and dumping load after load of snails on the lawn is going to be hard to erase. LOL.

o

The laws in the US changed recently, making sending snails across state lines very difficult. Even the relatively harmless (If you live where it freezes in the winter) Apple snail has been affected. You can get a permit for research or education purposes, but I doubt very much that that is a good use of your money. (and it would cost you more than $1 per snail in the end).

o

*L* I actually heard of someone pulling this exact prank against an ex years ago, only they were asking people for samples of dog poop for 'a scientific study'--! They had even put up fliers around town.

The stream of poop (sorry) delivery lasted on and off for months.

But THIS gives new meaning to the term 'Snail Mail'.

o

But THIS gives new meaning to the term 'Snail Mail'.

Oh you are a clever one.

o

Sorry.....*G*...couldn't resist the awful joke...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here