Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mbishop22

Advice re: equipment needed for 17 sloped acres

mbishop22
9 years ago

We are building our home on a 17 acre sloped parcel in the Seattle area, and I need advice about what equipment we should buy vs rent.

- We have a steep switchback driveway that is asphalt most of the way and then gravel as the slope reduces. This means that leaves and ice/snow will make it impossible to get up the hill in at least one of our vehicles.

- We will have 5 chickens, and the coop and run are being built by our builder. No other farm animals.

- For our family, we want to grow veggies, fruit, herbs, and cut flowers in raised boxes and fruit trees in the ground. We need to fence all of that to keep animals from eating the crop. We can either build this ourselves or have our builder do the things that would be much easier with all the equipment they will already have on site.

- We are avid mountain bikers and want to build some trails, including jumps, throughout the property.

I know we will need a chainsaw and axe to split wood, and I'm thinking some sort of tractor or mule, but I have no idea what would be the right thing.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!