Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
csa farming

Posted by ctown64 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 18, 09 at 17:37

I was wondering if anyone who is or has run a CSA farm could share some advice or most importantly their experiences in regards to partnering up with other farms to supplement or fill shares. I have a relatively small CSA of about 30 to 40 people. I am wondering if it is worth partnering up with other farms or if it will be a hassle and cost prohibitive. Is it better just to use other farms and sources for supplements in lean weaks or to actually "farm out" certain crops to other farms. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: csa farming

I can't tell where you are from, but there is a farm near me that does CSA farming ...

Thorpe's Organic Family Farm
12866 Strykersville Rd., East Aurora, NY 14052
716-655-4486

You could call and talk to them.

o

Most people like living on farms because of the privacy. In my opinion there would be NONE.Where will they use the bathroom? Do you have plenty of parking? Do you mind unruly children? Are you OK with interruptions in your life?Just a few thoughts.

o

Try going to the CSA USA website. I am sure you could get some really good information and qualified answers here. There are many CSA farms in my area and each is a bit different from the other and they all get together and plan it that way I don't know. Good luck. It's definitely a great thing.

Here is a link that might be useful: CSA Farming

o

Sorry if I sounded negative but I know someone who was
gung- ho til reality hit and disappointed alot of people when she decided it wasn't what she thought it would be and quit.
She had spent alot on fliers and advertising too.
Good Luck what ever you decide,but like any biz venture , take your time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here