Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kokos_gw

How do you young farmers meet?

kokos
13 years ago

I would like to move out in the country and find a nice young woman to marry and raise a rural family. Anyone got any ideas let me know anytime. I live in Southern Ontario...30 years old male here. City life is too congested.

Comments (7)

• oregonwoodsmoke
    13 years ago

Pick an area, move out there, get a job, join a church, the Grange, and a few clubs. Do some volunteer work, go to a lot of different types of events.

I am assuming that you are thinking to marry a young woman who already owns a farm? If so, she won't marry a bum. Get a job and prove you can work and support a family.

Or, run some ads in small rural newspapers that you are looking to do farm work to learn how and you will work very cheap. You get out there doing some farm work and you will meet some people who own farms. Farmers tend to know everybody in the farming community.

• goodhors
    13 years ago

I know there are sites for rural folks interested in meeting and dating. Supposed to be quite popular, but I can't remember the names of them. Maybe a search would pull out something for you.

It can seem hard to meet such like-minded folks, you are all so busy working! The above suggestions are very good ones though, get yourself out to meet folks. 4-H people know EVERYONE in the rural community.

I met my huband when we both attended a Farrier's clinic!

• kokos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Not a bum here...lol
    I have a university education. Good info, thanks!

• oregonwoodsmoke
    13 years ago

The local farm kids will have gone to school together and been in 4-H together.

Grange Hall is where adults get together. Horse clubs are a good place to meet people. If you move to an area that has a volunteer fire department, joining that will introduce you to a lot of people. Volunteer fire departments are very social and always have lots of fundraisers going on where you get to meet the local community.

Farmers around here get together at the restaurant at the local auction once a week, but I don't think that is much of a place to find a date. I usually chat with the people next to me in the stands while the auction is going on, but it's mostly older married men who are bidding on cattle.

My area has a cattleman's club that donates beef every month to the food bank. They are pretty active and have meetings and potlucks. That's a good place to meet the local ranchers.

• kokos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

When I was stationed in Europe for Military duties, I went out a few evenings a week as do a lot of other soldiers. I met this great girl who came from a good home and she was true marriage material, we saw each other for months and she was a virgin when we met. Can't find beauties like her, she was beautiful, I still think about her.

• goodhors
    13 years ago

YIKES, TMI--TMI! (Too MUCH information) Not what I expect to find on the Farm site!! I do NOT want to know any more of her and your past.

• kokos
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry about that.

You have a bold "user name" for the site. You're right we are getting off topic.

Sponsored
Arete Construction Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Experienced Craftsman & Top Quality Masonry in Frederick County