Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Animals

Posted by tagra123 OH (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 9, 10 at 21:57

I've come to this forum to get info for a while now. We have a small backyard farm with goats, rabbits, chickens, turkeys, ducks, and we have a 1000 square foot garden. Between the animals and the garden we raise about 85% of all the food we eat.

We have been looking for a program to help us manage the breeding of our rabbits -- we have 18 rabbits and it can get hectic. Just yesterday we happened on to the auction area of backyard chickens, another site I browse frequently, and found a program called My Animal Manager. It was/ is on sale for $9.99 and it fit the need we had.

The breeding area is just great and it will remind us when animals are due and is just what I was looking for. It has a feed and production which I'm looking at tonight. Love it so far. I had to share the link because it is something I have been looking for for over two years.

Hope it helps someone else too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Special Offer Link Found On BYC Forumn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Animals

Really? You can't manage 18 rabbits?

My system involves a free calender from the feed store and a pencil, plus home made cage cards. Works fine and I don't have to advertise it on garden forums.

o
RE: Animals

Wasn't advertising, found something , liked it mentioned it to others. 18 doe rabbits is a lot when you push them hard for production and have 50 other animals, not to mention the babies and other work to do too. We used to use a calendar too but this made more sense to us to save time. Cage cards are OK and if that's what you want good for you.

We could afford the 9.99 to simplify our work -- too bad you can't.

I just assume people with negative or unconstructive comments keep the to themselves. After all, if you don't have something nice to say keep it to yourself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here