Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
artbysheryl

Cold! and chicken painting

sheryl_ontario
14 years ago

We are having -10c to -25c temps now at night. I put a heat lamp in the chicken coop but it is so cold! The days are sunnny and milder so I am opening the little door into the pen during the daytime. Hubby designed a lever so that we can open the pen door from outside the pen. :-) It works great!

I just finished this painting of a hen. Its not one of my girls, but belongs to a friend. She took the photo and gave me permission to use it as reference, but mine look just like this. This one is a beloved pet. I Love my girls!! The are so sweet! I want to start painting more farm animals.

{{gwi:49144}}

Here is a link that might be useful: My Country DIY Blog

Comments (4)

• luke_oh
    14 years ago

Sheryl, Very very nice. You have a real talent. Please keep it up and post you art work.
    Thanks,
    Luke

• orchardcreek
    14 years ago

Wow, that is really beautiful! You are quite talented.

Here is a link that might be useful: My farm blog

• Maggie_J
    14 years ago

Beautiful painting, Sheryl! You've done a great job of capturing her expression. I like chicken pictures!

~ Maggie J

RabbitTalk
    Rabbits for profit... Rabbits for fun... Rabbits for just about everyone...

Here is a link that might be useful: RabbitTalk

• gardengalrn
    14 years ago

Sheryl, that is a beautiful painting!!! You really have a wonderful talent. I just love the way you can almost see each individual feather, this must have taken quite some time!! I enjoy looking at these so if you have more, please post. Lori