Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cold! and chicken painting

Posted by sheryl_ontario ONT z5 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 22, 09 at 9:42

We are having -10c to -25c temps now at night. I put a heat lamp in the chicken coop but it is so cold! The days are sunnny and milder so I am opening the little door into the pen during the daytime. Hubby designed a lever so that we can open the pen door from outside the pen. :-) It works great!

I just finished this painting of a hen. Its not one of my girls, but belongs to a friend. She took the photo and gave me permission to use it as reference, but mine look just like this. This one is a beloved pet. I Love my girls!! The are so sweet! I want to start painting more farm animals.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Country DIY Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cold! and chicken painting

• Posted by luke_oh zone 5 NE Ohio (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 22, 09 at 18:02

Sheryl, Very very nice. You have a real talent. Please keep it up and post you art work.
Thanks,
Luke

o

Wow, that is really beautiful! You are quite talented.

Here is a link that might be useful: My farm blog

o

Beautiful painting, Sheryl! You've done a great job of capturing her expression. I like chicken pictures!

~ Maggie J

RabbitTalk
Rabbits for profit... Rabbits for fun... Rabbits for just about everyone...

Here is a link that might be useful: RabbitTalk

o

Sheryl, that is a beautiful painting!!! You really have a wonderful talent. I just love the way you can almost see each individual feather, this must have taken quite some time!! I enjoy looking at these so if you have more, please post. Lori

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here