Return to the Farm Life Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cartons for duck eggs

Posted by acer 6b western NC (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 9, 09 at 9:55

I'm looking for 6-egg cartons in the jumbo size. I found them that are sized for S,M,L, and XL sized eggs, but I'm wondering if they'll work for big duck eggs. I haven't weighed them but they have to be jumbos. Of course I can find jumbo-sized dozen-egg cartons, but I want the six-egg style. Will the S,M,L,XL size work?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cartons for duck eggs

My duck eggs are various sizes but even the double yolkers will fit. Unless you have Muscovies they are probably quite large.
Couldnt tell you where to find them we have a recycle place that carries egg cartons toilet paper tubes and just about anything you want. Are you selling them?

o

• Posted by acer 6b western NC (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 9, 09 at 20:25

Am I selling them?
I hope to. The girls are just starting to lay and right now I'm getting 3 eggs a day providing none get broken, which occasionaly happens. I've got a good laying breed and I hope to increase production soon. I need to get more hens if I want to really tackle duck-egg sales, providing there's a local market. Do you know anything about selling duck eggs?

o

Not really this is all I know. They sell for 12 dollars a dozen.A buck an egg. They are better for people with cancer than chicken eggs. The only places I have seen them for sale is the internet and a local organic farm.
I have thought of bartering them on craigs list. You might also try sending your info along with how great they are for baking to some local bakeries or chefs.It would be easier to sell them to someone who buys them all then to try the neighbor thing.I have found that even giving them away people turn their noses up at the thought. I had that happen at church until I told them that all the items I had brought for brunches were made with duck eggs and they never knew the difference! Happy quacking!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Farm Life Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here